Weekend Picks COVID-19 Edition
If you've got cabin fever, Corpus Christi offers many opportunities to get out and get moving while keeping social distance.
Here are our Weekend Picks for March 27-29 (and throughout the quarantine time), in the Coastal Bend:
- Visit a beach at a Texas State Park. Beachgoers should follow U.S. CDC recommendations for prevention of transmission of COVID-19. Cash and checks are not accepted at State Parks. It is recommended to purchase day use permits online before you visit. Padre Island National Seashore is open. The beach, restrooms, and Bird Island Basin Campground are open as of 03/25/20.
- The Corpus Christi beaches are open. There is a lot of fun to be had at the beach such as beachcombing, building sandcastles, flying kites, and walking your dog. If you want to feed the seagulls, keep in mind there is ettiquette for that.
- Try your hand at geocaching, a modern day version of treasure hunting.
- Go see the Big Tree at Goose Island State Park.
- Bring your kayak and hit the Mustang Island State Park Paddling Trail.
- Take a hike. Check out one of the many hiking trails in the city. If you want to walk on the wild side, the Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve walking trails are open dawn to dusk. (The Learning Center and restrooms are closed.)
- Have a fling at a Corpus Christi disc golf course - they are free to play.
Find more articles like this in 101 Fun Things To Do