front-page.jpg Browse News for more articles like this.

Corpus Christi Airport comes to the rescue

Safety officers at the Corpus Christi International Airport demonstrate the new Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Truck recently purchased for the city with federal funds. Courtesy photos

First responders demonstrated the latest safety equipment at Corpus Christi International Airport recently. An Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Truck equipped with thermal imaging capability was delivered in May and is now available for rescue operations.

The vehicle’s many safety features include a high reach, extendable turret that can pierce through an airplane and off-roading tires that enable it to get to any location necessary for rescue.

Safety officers are now training on the equipment. A grant from the Federal Aviation Administration paid for 90 percent of the $858,390 truck. Local funds paid the remaining 10 percent.

Find more articles like this in News

Leave a reply

Top