Watch the sunrise at Michael J. Ellis Beach
A popular hot spot for locals and visitors looking for a day of play, the Upper Padre Island Seawall is ideal for an array of beach activities. The seawall provides an attractive view for beach walks. The Upper Padre Island Seawall has plenty of hotels and beach rentals available for visitors who want to be in the middle of the action. During the summer months, many vendors set up along the beach, renting surf boards and other beach necessities.
Rules and regulations include:
- Open year-round
- No entrance fee
- $12 parking permit required; can be purchased for $12 at local H-E-B grocers, Stripes Convenience Stores, Academy, Texas Star on Padre Island, Padre Balli Park Office or at the Corpus Christi City Hall and Visitors Center. Permits are valid for one calendar year.
- Speed limit is ALWAYS 15 mph
- Free parking available in the Windward parking lot
- Restrooms and rinse-off showers provided
- Leashed pets permitted
- No glass containers permitted
- Contained ground fires permitted
- ADA ramp available
Michael Ellis Beach at the Upper Padre Island Seawall can be accessed by traveling on Texas 358 to Upper Padre Island and taking a left on to Whitecap Boulevard. Windward Drive will be on the left-hand side and will take you to Corpus Christi’s beautiful seawall.
Find more articles like this in Beaches