Sunbathe while the family plays at White Cap Beach
An absolute paradise of sun and sand in the Gulf of Mexico, Whitecap Beach is a premier, serene beach destination in Corpus Christi. The perimeters of this 1.5-mile secluded spot kiss two activity-dense beaches, making this hideaway a relaxing piece of heaven for those just seeking peace and quiet. Activities to be enjoyed here include:
- Walking and beachcombing
- Viewpoints and sunsets/sunrises
- Sandcastle building
- Surfing when winds are ideal
Getting away from the crowds and stepping onto the secluded shores of Whitecap Beach allows beachgoers a calm environment for picnicking or just putting toes in the sand.
Rules and regulations include:
- Open year-round
- No entrance fees
- $12 parking permits required and can be purchased for $12 at local H-E-B grocers, Stripes Convenience Stores, Academy, Texas Star on Padre Island, Padre Balli Park Office or at the Corpus Christi City Hall and Visitors Center. Permits are valid for one calendar year.
- Speed limit is ALWAYS 15 mph
- Leashed pets permitted
- No glass containers permitted
- No public restrooms, but convenience stores are within walking distance
- Contained ground fires permitted
- Lifeguards on duty during summer months only
Whitecap Beach is located at the end of Whitecap Boulevard, which can be accessed by traveling on Texas 358 toward Upper Padre Island. Take a left on Whitecap Boulevard until you reach the beach.
Find more articles like this in Beaches
Leave a reply